Friday, July 25, 2008

Wizard of Oz @ Redlands Bowl

7-24-08 Because of Summer's swim practice, we haven't been to the Redlands Bowl in the last couple of years. The Bowl is the longest running free Bowl series in the USA, so we're fortunate to have it right here next to Loma Linda.

This year's feature play was the classic, the Wizard of Oz. What started out as a few friends going grew to a quite a few families. Being the most free, and due to my ninja skills, I was tasked with going to reserve seats for our group of over 20 people!

Got there at around 5:45 PM and spread my 2 blankets to reserve to sections of benches. By 7 PM, it was really starting to fill up, and people were even ignoring my blankets and sitting down! They were quite unhappy when I told them it was reserved. Anyway, I started to call everyone to see where they were at and fortunately, reinforcements were on there way...just in time! I didn't have to resort to violence to protect our seats. Even then, with most of us there, some people still tried to squeeze by and sit down in our places! Go figure!

Overall, we had a great time watching this classic and the characters all did a great job! For a free event, they were superb. Enjoy the pictures! (BTW, I took some pictures in complete darkness, and it was suprising to see what I caught! To spare the "innocent", I have refrained from posting them here for all the world to see.)

Who is that paparazzi taking my picture??? How dare they!!! Oh wait, she's using a Canon...ok, she's cool.

Look at the crowds! It was a packed house at the bowl.
Here's the "kid's row" with the "parent's row" behind them. I had to really fight off some people to protect these 2 rows! It almost got ugly but fortunately, I refrained from using my ninja skills and only use verbal tactics, which is part of our ninjitsu training.
Nice stage and acting. That little boy was sure a good dancer!
The stars of the show! They all did a great job, like the originals!
Tonya and Keri enjoy a break in the play.
Congrats to the cast. They did a super job!

No comments: