Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bike Ride for Kids


12-9-07: Azure Hills Church organizes a bike ride to raise funds for kids who may not have a very merry Xmas. This year, I and some friends decided to ride the 25-mile ride. So after starting my training on my mtn. bike about 3 weeks ago, and borrowing my sister's road bike and riding it once the week before, I was ready to go!

Here I am (in the flourescent green) with Thomas and Vivian, and bro-in-law Corey. (Jake took the picture--nice job, Jake!)
The peleton cruising along the bike path. It was a gorgeous day (after raining the last few days) and it was so nice not to have to worry about cars on this bike path. Eventually, this path will be connected so you can go from the mountains to the beach!
The Knowlton train with Jake powering the rear of the caboose.
The goal was to raise $2500 this year, and so far, we've raised almost $4,000! Thanks to all those who sponsored me. On behalf of the kids, I think you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Now that Pavarotti has died, and Ernie had his first "appearance", it is no secret that he strives to become one of the THREE FAMOUS TENORS...go Punjabe...even though joining the Iron Cross Revival Tour as the LEAD singer is more prestigious...Well at least we are assured that MARY's role is taken care off for next year...Ernie's falsetto is superb...Congratulations